Cloud computing is a huge shift from traditional IT solutions. It involves the delivery of computing services applications, servers, storage, databases, networking, processing power, software, analytics, and intelligence over the cloud on a pay-as-you-go basis.
Type of cloud computing
If you want to enjoy the benefits of cloud computing, here are the three types of cloud computing to pick from:
- Public cloud: These are clouds owned and operated by third-party cloud service providers. With this computing model, the hardware, software, and other supporting infrastructure required are managed by the cloud provider. They offer lots of computing power and capacity at your fingertips. It is best used for those applications that require different resources and are less sensitive. They are easily accessible on the Internet and allow you to cope with increased needs for resources by your clients.
- Private cloud: Private clouds are cloud computing resources where the services and infrastructure are exclusively maintained and used by a business outfit. It could be hosted on-site or by a third-party service provider. Private clouds allow you to maintain control over data and services while enjoying the benefits of cloud computing. You get to control where your data is held while building your infrastructure any way you want. This way, developers have access to a pool of computing power, which is secure and scales on-demand. You could also use it to gain a mastery of cloud services, applications, and infrastructure.
- Hybrid cloud: Hybrid clouds are a combination of public and private clouds. They are structured in a way that permits the sharing of data and applications between them. It is the trend in cloud computing as it offers better flexibility, improved deployment, helps you avoid hardware costs, and offers security against data loss from disasters.
Benefits of Cloud computing
Some of the benefits of cloud computing include:
- Reduced IT costs: Moving to the cloud drastically reduces the cost of managing IT systems; this is because rather than purchasing expensive equipment for your business, you can simply use resources of cloud computing service providers.
- Continuity: Having your data stored in the cloud is an important way to ensure business continuity. At instances when a natural disaster occurs, having your data backup up in the cloud improves productivity.
- Increased efficiency: Another benefit of cloud computing is that it leads to increased collaboration and efficiency among employees. Those who work remotely can communicate effectively and share records from their location.
- Automatic update: Depending on your cloud computing service provider, your system can be regularly updated using some of the latest technologies.
- Access to expertise: One of the major benefits of cloud computing is that you have access to expertise and experience, which allows your outfit to be more efficient and agile as you generate and apply new services.
Finally, if you are interested in ensuring that your company stays ahead, then you might want to explore your cloud computing options. Indeed the benefits of cloud computing are enormous. Apart from been scalable, cost-effective, and granting you access to experienced providers, cloud computing also allows your staff to focus on the more important aspect of the business while improving productivity.